Daijiworld Media Network - Dubai
Dubai, Feb 27: KVGCE Sullia Engineering Alumni, UAE chapter have scheduled to hold blood donation campaign on Friday March 1, at Sheikha Latifa Hospital (former Al Wasl Hospital), here, from 11 am to 2.30 pm.
President Guru Prasad Aithal and general secretary Dony Cyril said "UAE has provided a base for us to make our living. It is now our duty to return back something to the country and we have an opportunity to donate blood to our fellow beings and support the initiative of this nation". They expect large number of members to arrive and donate blood along with their friends for this good cause.
There are so many children in UAE suffering from Thalassemia, a rare disease and the children require regular blood transfusion and donating blood will help the authorities in this requirement. Further there are several health benefits of donating blood, just in short, one who donates Blood is considered healthy and fit.
To donate blood you should:
• Be in good health
• Be at least 17 years of age and the upper age limit is 65
• Weigh at least 50 Kg.
You can donate every 90 days intervals; however donors eligibility is determined at the time of donation purely on their health conditions at the time of donating blood. If you are in mediations or have a chronic health condition such as asthma, high blood pressure or diabetes you need to refer to the trained personnel to determine your eligibility.
You cannot donate blood if you:
• Have ever used self-injected drugs (non-prescription)
• Have ever had hepatitis B or hepatitis C
• Are in a high-risk group for AIDS
• Are a diabetic on medication
• Are sick (cold, flu, sore throat or diarrhea)
• Have taken antibiotics within the last five days
• Have had dental work within the last three days
• Are anemic (iron def. anemia)
• Are pregnant
• Have had any ear/body piercings or have had a tattoo within last year
• Have less hemoglobin count
For more information contact Harish Kodi on 050 240 4116