Mangalore: Ammonia leak at fish factory leaves one dead
Daijiworld Media Network - Mangalore
Mangalore, Feb 13: One worker died and two others were taken ill following a gas leak at Indo Fisheries factory, Harekala at Elyarpadavu near Konaje here on Wednesday February 13.
The incident occured at around 9.30 pm.
The deceased has been identified as Riyaz (22) from Kumble in Kasargod.
Two other workers identified as Sanket (23) from Kumble and Haneef (23) from Beeri, Kotekar, were taken seriously ill due to inhalation of the gas fumes.
It is said that ammonia gas leaked in the factory's freezer. Machine operators Riyaz, Sanket and Haneef went to check the leak when they were caught in the fumes.
They were immediately shifted to a hospital in Deralakatte, where Riyaz breathed his last. Sanket and Haneef are said to be critical.
Fire tenders from Pandeshwar were rushed to the spot.
Nearly 300 workers were in the factory at the time of the incident. This is the first such case reported in the factory in the last 15 years.
Stay updated wherever you go with Daijiworld.com and Daijiworld 24X7 tv channel mobile apps.
CLICK HERE to download it for your device.
(available on Android and IOS)