Kundapur: Fire Swallows up Auto Rickshaw, Driver in Difficulty
Daijiworld Media Network - Kundapur
Kundapur, Aug 6: An auto rickshaw went up in flames following a short circuit at New Chetan auto rickshaw stand near Swati clinic here on Monday August 6 night.
The auto rickshaw belonged to Raghavendra Devadiga, a resident of Doddoni in Koteshwar here.
He had parked his auto rickshaw at the New Chetan rickshaw stand, when all of a sudden a short circuit sparked off a fire near the engine, which soon spread to the petrol tank.
The locals with the help of the fire brigade managed to bring the fire under control. However, the damage was done and the rickshaw was completely charred.
A case was registered by Kundapur fire police Bharat Kumar.
To Raghavendra, the incident has caused a severe jolt, as he's already in extreme poverty and has a year-old child to look after. A year ago he had met with an accident in his auto rickshaw, which resulted in grievous injury to his legs. He had to give up his job for a year and stay at home to recuperate. Soon after his recovery, he started earning again and used his savings to repair his auto. Now this incident has put him in further dilemma.