Daijiworld Media Network - Mangalore (SN)
Mangalore, Jul 22: In a startling incident, a woman was gravely injured after she was torched by her husband. The incident, which took place on Saturday July 21 night, was reported at Nadar in Madoor, Kotekar.
On Saturday night, Boja, in an inebriated state, poured kerosene over his 48-year-old wife Sugandi and lit her on fire and fled from the scene. It is said that she is his second wife and he used to physically abuse her on a regularly basis. The couple has 3 daughters.
One of the daughters, Pavitra, who lives nearby with her husband, noticed the flames and rushed to Sugandis help along with a few neighbours. Sugandi was rushed to a hospital in Deralakatte.
Boja has a son from his first marriage.
A case has been registered against him at the Ullal police station.