Mangalore, Jul 13: The Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, in association with the union government is observing July 15 of every year as plastic Reconstruction Surgery Day. The Union Government has appreciated this move taken by the association to increase the awareness of the spectrum of work done by plastic and reconstructive surgeons and also enables the members to reach out to the masses.
Plastic surgeons all over the India will celebrate this day by various mass outreach programs including free treatments. July 15 is believed to be the birth day of Sushruta, father of ancient plastic surgery.
The A J Hospital will observe Plastic Surgery Day by announcing free check up for all plastic surgery related issues including cosmetic surgery for one week starting from July 15 to 21 between 9.00 am to 12.00 pm.
Camp patients will be seen free of cost and surgeries will be conducted for all needy patients at a highly concessional rate. Surgery for cleft lip & palate will be free.
People with the following problems can avail the camp benefit:
• Cleft Lip + Cleft Palate, Deformity of face, ear, nose, hand, etc.
• Absent fingers, fused fingers
• Deformities due to trauma – Hand, face, any part of the body.
• Paralysis of hand due to trauma.
• Burns Deformity & Contractures.
• Mouth Cancer, Haemangiomas.
• Finger reconstruction by Microvascular surgery.
• Cosmetic problems – Scars, Moles, Breast deformity, excessive fat – for fat removal (liposuction), nose shaping, baldness treatment
Established in 2003, the department of Plastic Cosmetic and Microvascular Surgery at A J Hospital is a well known in this region and has performed over 8000 surgeries including microvascular surgery and cosmetic surgery under Dr Dinesh Kadam and Dr Sanath Bhandary. The hospital is also performing free cleft lip and palate surgeries in association with The Smile Train. The department is credited with another distinguishing honor for starting MCh super-speciality course in plastic surgery for the first time in this region from the current year.
Those interested in participating in the camp are requested to register their names by calling 0824 2225533 Extn. 252.