National / World

Two die after inhaling toxic gas in Bengal


Kolkata, Aug 27 (IANS): Two elderly women died and at least 50 people fell ill after inhaling a toxic gas coming out from a closed factory in Asansol town in West Bengal, police said.

Twenty-two of those affected were rushed to hospital after the poisonous gas leaked from a godown of the factory in Burdwan district. Four of them were serious, police said.

However, some residents said the godown was being used as a garage.

"Those who fell ill coughed badly, and started vomiting," said a housewife.


Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title : Two die after inhaling toxic gas in Bengal


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image