Jeddah, Apr 25: Karnataka NRI Forum, Jeddah will host 'Indian National Day' celebration on Thursday May 3 at Golden Tulip Hotel, Sharafiya Jeddah.
A special treat is in store for those who love comedy and Bollywood songs.
For the first time in Jeddah, comedian Rehman Khan, (Comedy Circus star, Sony TV performer) and live band from Mumbai with Iqbal Quraishi (Bollywood playback singer) will set the stage on fire with non-stop entertainment. New and evergreen Hindi film hit songs and folk dances will be the main attraction along with food and refreshment.
About KNRI Forum
KNRI forum (registered under the Karnataka Society Act) is a Jeddah-based voluntary, non-profit organization formed by NRIs belonging to Karnataka. The forum was formally inaugurated in April 2007 by the then Consul General of India Dr Ausaf Sayeed.
Aims and Objectives:
• To look after the welfare of Kannadigas and people from Karnataka living in the Kingdom. Assist Kannadigas by providing financial help, recognizing the various challenges confronting individuals and families (social challenges), issues like poverty, hunger, illiteracy, illness etc.
• To assist Kannadigas who need help to resolve their problems with local authorities in KSA by abiding the rules and regulation of Saudi Arabia.
• To represent before state / central government in India, Consular General, Indian High Commission in KSA, on matters which benefit KNRI community in general.
• To sponsor eligible students for education by providing them complete educational facilities.
• To showcase Karnataka, its culture, opportunities in commerce and trading industry, education, health care, tourism, etc in various platforms available in KSA with the sole intention of branding Karnataka and generating better relationship between KSA and Karnataka state for the benefit of general public of Karnataka state. To promote / organize social, cultural programs and other welfare activities amongst Kannadigas and the people of Karnataka living in the KSA.
For more details and entry passes contact: 0504383424; 0501201632; 0503665451; 0506672251; 0559783092.