Recipes - BITTER GOURD CURRY
White bitter gourds - 4 (medium size)
Oil - 4 tablespoons
Onions - 3
Tomato - 1
Coriander powder - 2 tablespoons
Coconut powder - 4 tablespoons
Chili powder - 2 tablespoons
Tamarind - 1 ½ lemon size (soaked in water)
Salt to taste
Curry leaves (optional)
Water - 1 cup if required
- Wash bitter gourd before cutting.
- Cut them finely and keep it aside.
- Slice the onions and tomato
- Keep oil in a pan, when hot add curry leaves, fry the onions until they are golden brown then add bitter gourd and fry till it shrinks.
- Now put coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, tomato and fry for few minutes
- Roast the coconut and powder it in a blender (don't put water)
- Add the roasted coconut powder and salt and tamarind water. (You may add extra water only if you require more gravy).
- Cook on a very slow fire.
For VIDEOS - Click Here