1. 12 Medium sized lady fish, cleaned and cut into 2 pieces each.
2. 2 tbsp coconut oil
3. 1 onion, finely cut
4. Salt to taste
5. Small ball of tamarind
6. ½ coconut grated
7. 1 tbsp turmeric powder
8. 6 flakes garlic
9. 10-12 red chillies, roasted
10. 2 tbsp corainder seeds, roasted
11. 1 tbsp peppercorns, roasted
12. ½ tsp jeera roasted
13. ¼ tsp each of fenugreek (methi) seeds roasted
14. ½ onion chopped
Grind masala ingredients to a fine paste. Mix enough water to the masala to make it into medium consistency. Keep coconut oil in a flat vessel and fry onion, until brown. Add the ground masala with salt to taste. When the masala boils add the cut fish and keep on slow fire until cooked.