Fr Joseph Konreddy
Born : 19.09.1927
Ordained : 15.12.1952
Passed away on : 25.07.2012
Dear Rev. Fathers / Sisters / Brothers / Lay Faithful,
With profound grief, I condole the death of our beloved Rev. Fr. Joseph Konreddy, a Senior Priest of our Archdiocese who died on Wednesday, 25th July at 6.00 p.m. at his brother’s home at Avala Tippayapalli, Kurnool.
Rev. Fr. Joseph Konreddy was born on 19th September, 1927 at Avala Tippayapalli, Andrapradesh. His parents were Mr. Inna Reddy and Chinnamma. After his school studies, he joined the Archdiocese of Bangalore and did his priestly studies at St. John’s Seminary, Nellore, and Major Seminary studies at St. St. Peter’s Seminary, Bangalore. He was ordained a priest on 15th December, 1952 at St Francis Xavier’s Cathedral, Bangalore. He served the Archdiocese for 59 long years, in different capacities at the following places:
1. 1953-1956 : Asst. Parish Priest – St. Sebastian’s Church, Coramandel, KGF
2. 1956-1960 : Parish Priest – St. Francis Xavier’s Church, Gokunte
3. 1960-1961 : Asst. Parish Priest – St. Anne’s Church, Marathalli
4. 1961-1964 : Asst. Parish Priest – St. Francis Xavier’s Cathedral, Cleveland Town
5. 1964-1965 : Parish Priest – Immaculate Conception Church, Doresanipalya
6. 1965-1970 : Parish Priest - St. Francis Xavier’s Church, Chikka Kammanahalli
7. 1970-1974 : Parish Priest – Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Tumkur
8. 1974-1979 : Parish Priest – Sacred Heart Church, Siluvepura
9. 1979-1987 : Parish Priest – Ss. Peter & Paul Church, Rayapuram
10. 1987-1992 : Parish Priest – St. Pius X Church, Kammanahalli
11. 2001-2007 : Retired – St. Mary’s Orphanage
12. 2008 : Clergy Home
Though he was ailing from old age I never expected that his end would come so soon. His death came as a great shock to me. He died as he lived. He never complained of anything. Rev. Fr. Konreddy was a simple and jovial person. He was a priest for all and he was a very prayerful person.
Fr. Konreddy left Clergy Home on 25th July around 8.30 a.m. to go to his native place to bless the wedding of one of his relatives. He had a safe journey to his native place, met his relatives and had a cup of tea with them. He had a heart attack at 6.00 p.m., collapsed and died.
He never ever believed glamour or publicity. He always tried to serve by remaining incognito. He always stood for the Church, the truth and justice. He had carved a niche for himself in the hearts of the faithful wherever he served.
In the death of Fr. Joseph Konreddy, we have lost a senior priest of our Archdiocese. We shall continue to pray for the repose of his soul in gratitude for all the services that he had rendered for all of us in the Archdiocese.
On behalf of all my Priests, Religious and the Lay Faithful, I avail myself of this occasion to express my heartfelt sympathies to his relatives and friends. May the Lord grant them the strength to bear this irreparable loss.
His Funeral Service will take place on Friday, 27th July at 11.00 a.m. at Sacred Heart Church, Richmond Road. The mortal remains of Rev. Fr. Joseph Konreddy will be kept for public homage at Sacred Heart Church, Richmond Road on Friday 27th July from 08.00 a.m. onwards.
All the priests of the Archdiocese of Bangalore are requested to offer 3 Masses for the repose of the soul of the late Rev. Fr. Joseph Konreddy.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord; and let perpetual
light shine upon him. And may his soul rest in peace.
+ Bernard Moras
Archbishop of Bangalore