November 22, 2012
My dearest girl ever, who has stayed for so long in my life,
It's my love-filled letter to you on the eve of our First Love Anniversary (a strange celebration, I know).
Thanks for your wonderful gift of collage of images of our memories of one year. What more do I need in life than you being happy with me... that's the greatest gift ever. I can't do much apart from pouring out unspoken love for u. One may jabber one's tongue out but if it's not felt in word how does it benefit? Similarly, dear, I may not like to speak loudly, or send hundreds of texts saying I love you either, but I truly feel a corner of the heart empty without u!
The greatest gift that I have ever received from you was on the first day of our love - a BIG yes from you. :* it was an unexpected but a joyous moment. I felt the empty space being filled within me. I admire you for the YES :* - I don't how far you are happy with it. You know how many love marriages in the world fall apart within a month these days. The reason is very simple - there is no communication. We must communicate well always, at the right time and with the right approach. We'll never be a shame to our parents or to anyone, rather they should be inspired looking at our love life.
Dear, never be sad for any reason, you might have noticed me not being more interrogative these days. Neither have I put many boundaries around you. I know you will not be happy with such CONTROLLING from me. I know you r a modern girl, not at all like the traditional husband-fearing wife (I don't expect it either) but let there be some mutual respect and suggestion-accepting nature. It's great indeed that we have finished 1 year of our love. We've truly loved each other (I did at least :P) we have fought and we have committed mistakes (shhhh) but mistakes were merely out of true love and not with the intention of being opportunistic. I don't know whether you deserve me or not, but if it goes in the same way, it'll be perfectly all right.
Guess what, I often say I don't expect anything from you, but I desire something from u. it's not at all new. I've told it a hundred times. Let me repeat on this auspicious day of our 1st love anniversary.
1) Be faithful to me even as I promise the same to you. (I know you are faithful. The same is expected till we are together as one soul and two bodies, and I know you are good but not the guys around you :) I hope it's never a crime in your view if I just have a tiny glance at the gorgeous girl passing by, though she may not be worthy of competing with you in charm.
2) Openness (you are open to some extent :P) - You may be afraid to say some things sometimes. But I promise to stay calm and listen to you and I might even suggest something. Never will I shout at you. At least listen to what I say sometimes. It's not the question of right or wrong, rather the question of giving respect and priority. When you go on denying one's suggestions or requests you'll no more be felt important. But kindly share even the minutest thing. Itíll be very harmful to inform at the eleventh hour. However, positive surprises are welcome : P :*
3) About your friends - I've no issue because you know to choose the right thing and the right person. Your openness is highly appreciated.
4) At any point of time if you feel I don't love you, or shout at u, think it's temporary. I love you double the very next moment. You are often ridiculous in asking if you would be of the same interest even after marriage. Ha ha manga! Why do you think of the future in a negative way? When you were small you liked toys. Do you like them even now? No, right! But your tastes have changed may be in terms of dress, vehicle, salary, life etc. In a similar way the love remains the same but in different forms! At the age of 60 you can't expect me to lift you and lay on the bad romantically, but I can love you in other forms.
5) By now you know my weaknesses and strengths, and I know yours. So neither of us is superior to each other (though traditional society and our customs say male is superior, don't trust them, trust me, they are bullshit). You know we are equal and we have equal rights in each other's decisions. We compliment each other, which means we are incomplete without each other. And it's the case of all couples. When they fail to realise that and try to dominate, there arises the problem. There's nothing in your life which doesn't bother me and there's not a single issue in my life that doesn't bother you or that is not of your concern.
6) I don't know if you feel embarrassed about our height (anyway you never blame yourself :P) I'm sorry, there's no way we can escape reality. But it doesn't matter even if we have to sacrifice our lives to each other, or to live with this 'monster' as long as our love is our passion and we seek each other's happiness than our own selfish wants. I'm trying hard to make myself selfless and it'll be ridiculous if I demand it from you (virtues cannot be enforced anyway). Remember, I never said you are selfish (shhhh).
7) And lastly, very important - learn cooking (affects both of us, idiot). Surely I'll render my 50 percent effort, but don't expect more. That won't be good for you too, as it won't show any of your matriarchal nature =))
Above all, remember, falling in love is easy but not living in love.
* The validity of this letter is till WE love, live and die in love.
Truly your love,