July 1, 2009
Conquering the world is no child’s play. Agreed! Ask Suhani Shan, child/teenage prodigy who says conquering the world by conquering yourself is indeed a child’s play for anyone, especially for her. And people of all ages believe her and come in hordes to listen to her seminar and take part in the workshop in their endeavor to bring their mind under control and thus reap in rich dividends in terms of peace and happiness.
At first it is her cute good looks splashed in all newspaper through advertisements that attracted my attention to this 19 year old teenager, who is being projected as an orator, psycho counselor, hypnotist and magician, all rolled in one. Dressed in a western suit that suits her perfectly, her short hair camouflaged by an equally attractive cap that dons her head, she can be a mistaken for an aspiring starlet. But after listening to her seminar where she handles assorted subjects ranging from positive thinking, controlling emotions, self hypnosis, overcoming fear, mind reading, improving memory power, overcoming stress etc., etc, I do realize an extraordinary talent behind that beautiful and attractive face – “a girl with a difference”. The good looks of course help her market herself better but ultimately what sustains is the stuff she has to offer. People from all walks of life, belonging to all age groups, from different professions, come to listen to her and go back impressed.
Maturity belies her age
As I try to steal a few minutes of her hectic schedule in her hotel Suhani Shah comes across as a mature woman wrapped in a teenager’s body. “I have been traveling for the last 11 years”, she begins in her usual charming style and diction as she answers my first salvo about her constant traveling. “I love it. My life has never been in the house in these 11 years. My car has become my home”, she blurts out like a seasoned speaker. I gather she is telling the truth. She began her journey of success at the tender age of 7 with her captivating magic shows which proved to be her stepping stone towards greater success that has come on her way. She traveled all over the country and abroad and in the process came across people with different mentalities. Her interaction with a wide section of the society made her realize that people were beset with all sorts of problems that arose from lack of understanding and knowledge, education not withstanding.
It was her magic talent that brought people to her seeking solution to their multifarious problems to be solved through magic. Even at that tender age she began relating to the people and their problems, which later on began to take the shape of counseling sessions. From there on she has been handling the role of a mentor, guide, counselor, orator and that of a mind reader. Treating people and satisfying them by offering a proper solution has become her way of life, which of course comes at a price.
So how does Suhani help people get away from all the psychosomatic troubles and help them become master of their minds? She just guides people enlighten their hidden powers within them by reawakening the magical powers of their own powerful mind. “I only influence and in the process people actually get convinced” she says with her usual candor. “I give lectures on parenting mainly because we need to correct our mentality. In an entire life span mind works powerfully between the ages of 2 to 10. Usually we consider it as childhood and do not bother much to attune their minds. It is during this time of childhood one has to put moral values and hammer the child with positive thinking. This may not be that easy once the child grows beyond the age of 10”, she declares like a seasoned parent.
Self taught prodigy
Interestingly Suhani has not gone to a formal school beyond 1st standard. She has studied on her own and she has mastered her personal library comprising 1000 odd books to hammer herself with knowledge on a variety of topics. Did she miss the joy or the experience of going to school like any other normal child or missed enjoying her childhood? A firm no is her answer as she says she has learnt much more than what school could teach her in the process of interacting with people of different nationalities, cultures and upbringings. In the same breath she adds she would have messed up with her life if she had gone to formal school. Luckily for her parents never insisted she follow the normal course adopted by other children of her age. As for missing childhood she says she feels happy for utilizing her childhood for a better future for herself.
“The definition of childhood needs to be changed in our country. I have never missed anything but gained a lot. I am doing justice to myself. Standing on a stage, giving lectures in universities to thousands of students, conducting seminars for people of all ages, is a unique experience. The public like Suhani. And if I start thinking like others I am doing injustice to myself”, she defends. She has not completely given up the education process and two years back completed her SSLC informally.
The Shah’s are basically from Gujarat and for the last one year they have settled in Goa for all practical purposes as Suhani has her well-wishers in the southern states and makes business sense to settle in a place which is centrally located and is a tourist’s hub. Recently she has opened “Suhani mindcare centre” in Goa for to help people nurture their minds. She was in Mangalore to give seminars on mind-related topics as a precursor for her forthcoming workshop in the city.
Her father C K Shah and mother Snehalatha Shah are providing her with all the support required in her blossoming career. The proud father Shah says Suhani has been a different child unlike other normal children. The parents noticed her extraordinary talent when she could learn maths tables when her elder brother was studying. He says “she learnt swimming and driving within a day and can even drive blindfolded. Seeing magic show on television or movies she knew how the magic is done and she mastered the art at a young age winning accolades wherever she went”.
Politicis – next destination
Seeing her handle the success and the accolades with élan I just quiz her on where we can see Suhani Shah 10 years from now. And I am amazed at the clarity of thought of this teenager when she says “you can see me in politics in a few years from now on. I have the power of analyzing and guiding people and to take them to the right path. Entering politics would help me realize this cherished goal of guiding the leaders so that society can be benefited at large. I am making good progress in this direction”. Good looks, the power to read mind, hypnotism, oratory, magic, politics – isn’t it a deadly combination, I ask her. “I have nothing else to look forward to in life and people whom I encounter want me to be in politics”, she reveals.
As I return following my encounter with this teenager I found her talented and determined a hard working teenager who knows where her destination is. The sparkles in her eyes amply reflect all that she stands for. A deadly combination of beauty and extraordinary talents!
Florine Roche - Archives:
- It’s GET, SET, GO For Mangalore Special Economic Zone
- Opposition to MSEZ Due to Lack of understanding of Project - CEO Prasad
- Mangalore Airport - Ready for Another Milestone
- Mumbai Blast Victim Krishna Prasad's Story of Grit, Courage and Survival
- Energy from Garbage - India's Loss Malaysia's Gain...
- Mangalore: Bharati G - Creating Waves in Male Dominated Bastion
- We will Take Underworld Head - on : IGP Gopal Hosur
- Mangalore: Twilight Delight at 81 - Cupid Restrikes
- Mangalore: Dr M R Shetty - The Silent Workholic
- M N Rajendra Kumar : The Co-operative Czar on a Roll
- Mangalore Pub Attack - National Commission for Women Recommends Punishment Under Article 307
- Mangalore: Trio Explore Golden Quadrilateral (GQ) on 4 Wheels
- B Ganapathi Pai – A Born Fighter who Never Gives up
- India and the World - A Flashback of the Year 2008
- Raga Taranga - Where Young Minds Blossom into Fruitful Flowers
- Mangalore: Wanted Leaders - Any Takers?
- Mangalore: A Mistaken Identity and Mistaken Action - Dr V S Acharya
- Mangalore Airport - Ready for Another Milestone
- Dr Lovina Noronha - Soothing Ruffled Lives at Twilight Days
- The Legend of the Road `Bullet' Makes its Way
- Mangalore: Model R&R Colony of MSEZ near Kulai All Set to be Inaugurated
- ‘Claymation’ Not Kid's Play For This Wonder Boy
- Dinesh M Nayak : Making the Earth a Better Place to Live in
- Trekking : The Heavenly Ascent of Adventure
- P Dayananda Pai : Balancing Success with Largesse
- Krishna Palemar: Journey from a Travel Agent to State Minister
- Dr Akther Husain : ART - The Language of Heart
- Thumbay Moideen : Storming the Desert Land with Success
- 'One Need Not be Exceptional Genius to get through IAS' - Karthik Kashyap, IAS
- Mangalore: Sudhir Ghate – a Rebel with a Cause
- Good Samaritan Restores Some Pride of Mangalore
- Konkan Kogull Sings 'Golden' Song as United Youngsters Turn '50'
- Basti Vaman Shenoy : Spreading Bonhomie Through Language
- Mangalore Airport New Terminal - Racing Against Time
- Spreading Indian Flavor in Samba Land – Brazil
- Mangalore: K R Rai - The Radio Voice that Ruled the Roost
- Mangalore: The Endless Allure of Vintage Beauties
- Love Wrapped in Kuswar
- Creating Waves: FM Radio Bug to Hit Mangalore
- Mangalore City Set to get Seven Flyovers
- World Elders' Day: Gone is the Old Trend...
- HAM Radio - Wireless Fun